
Mod Podge is expensive, so I decided to make my own. I went to the dollar store and bought a bottle of school glue. I choose Rose Art instead of Crayola because it was cheaper and I figured they would work the same. I bought a 5 oz bottle that also came with a glue stick for $2.00. When I got home I cleaned out a mason jar, but actually any glass or plastic container would work. I poured the glue into the jar and propped it up so it would drain in there to get as much glue out that I could, then I went to the sink and filled the empty glue bottle with water and dumped it into the jar. I then screwed the lid on (WARNING: make sure the lid is on very tight!) Then I shook the jar for a little bit so the glue and water would mix. That was all I had to do! Use it just like you would any other Mod Podge, if you want to to be less runny don't put in as much water. I just realized that when I took this picture the mod podge was still on the sides of the container, but it will settle quickly. I haven't decided what color label I want to put on it, so I guess that will have to wait for now and I will just have to remember what is in the jar...and with my memory that might turn out bad.
Note: If you are wanting to do a long term or pernmant project make sure you use the original Mod Podge, the homemade mixture may turn things yellow over time. The original Mod Podge has ingredients that keep prevent this. It is your choice weather or not to use the homemade version!
No comments:
Post a Comment