I took more before pictures but my computer said it was a bad file, so unfortunately I cannot add them on here. It was pretty much a mess in there, with things we never use and unlabeled food that no one knew what it was!
First I took everything out and cleaned it out. Then I went through everything and got rid of the stuff that is old or that we have not eaten in a while and will probably never eat again. Then I put stuff in plastic containers so it would stay fresher longer. Then I added some labels so we know what is in each container. I then proceeded to put things back in, it took a while because like I said it Lazy Suzans are awkward and it is hard to put stuff in it. I finally got things in the spot I wanted them to be. I decided to put all of our breakfast items on the top shelf...this includes granola, cereal, breakfast drink mixes. Once I did that the entire bottom shelf was empty so I had to decide what to put into it. I chose to put all of our snack items. I figured those are the things we use the most and the entire family will be getting in and out of the cabinet. I decided that the Lazy Susan is a lot easier to clean out that the entire pantry, and no doubt it will get cluttered again, especially with the whole family getting into the cabinet. I'm hoping it will decrease the amount of times we will get into the pantry which should help keep it somewhat clean. In the dead space in the middle I put the unopened box of garham crackers and things like that. Here is the after, like I said it somewhat looks a little cluttered, but it really doesn't seem like it is in person, and it is very functional now, and opens without things falling off the ledge!
| This is the cabinet empty, as you can see there is quite a bit of space in there to put things, you just have to organize it right so you can actually make it functional. |
I have read other opinions on Lazy Susans and many people seem to hate them. We have two (but only really use the one). The one I cleaned out today is the one we use everyday. It is right under the cabinet where we keep our bowls so that is why I decided to put our cereal in it. My family happens to like the lazy susan, and like I said earlier since we will all be getting in it, it is at a high risk to get unorganized very quickly. Since it is such a small space though it doesn't talk long to clean. It would also be perfect for little children, on the bottom stuff put food that they are allowed to have as snacks (but make sure it is portioned already for them) that way when they are hungry you don't even have to lift a finger, when they ask for a snack just say "yes, you can pick one thing out of the cabinet." It is easy to get into and at a good height for small children.
no photos show
ReplyDelete