If you are like my family, when the mail gets brought in it gets thrown onto the kitchen table. It gets moved out of the way for dinner, then put right back in the same spot, until someone finally does something with it. Obviously, this system isn't working...so I came up with a solution! I was looking around my house and found four cardboard magazine holders. (If you don't have some of these, I heard you can buy a 5 pack at Ikea for around $3) The cardboard holders were pink, and an ugly shade of it too! So I thought about spray painting them, but decided to just cover them with scrapbook paper instead. I chose grey and yellow, since it will match our kitchen. I used some Elmer's Spray Adhesive, because I knew it would dry faster, but Mod Podge would work too! I just cut the paper to the correct size and glued it on. It was as easy as that! Then I decided to add some labels. We pay most of our bills online, so we don't get many in the mail. And my sister and I are getting a lot of college stuff, so we are all getting mail at least a few times a week. So I decided the best solution would be to give everyone there own holder. I have seen other people label theirs as coupons, bills going out, bills coming in, and so forth. Just label them whatever would work the best for you! We also have a lot of newspapers that get delivered to our house, so I thought I should make a spot for those to go too. Unfortunately I only have four magazine holders so I had to come up with something else, so I chose a shoe box. I covered it in the same paper. However the inside of the box was ugly so I decided to cover it in comic strips from an old newspaper. I think it turned our kind of cute! Now all I have to do is find a spot to put them!
 |
| They aren't perfect, but I don't mind |
 |
| Side view |
 |
| Newspaper box |
No comments:
Post a Comment